• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

MBP plans

PhxSunsFan

Guru
friend of friend put his wife and 2 kids on an mbp plan and dropped kaiser.. thoughts on these plans? too good to be true?? etc??

I think we call these MEC plans, they just barely meet the ACA requirements, but do not offer real medical protection.

I haven’t researched this well. But I know I’m not so clever Chiropractor took his family off of Kaiser and put him on this plan. What can I show him to say this is a mistake. Many people are saying they switched and it’s great.

MPB is a layered approach to managing healthcare and depending on the plan can include a MEC. I am on it myself and the plan worked wonderfully when I was diagnosed with cancer. Clients can save 40%+ compared to traditional insurance with lower out-of-pocket costs. Medical cost sharing is used for the "big stuff." I have 23 years of industry experience and the plan needs to meet my expectations or I won't sell it.

Back