• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Homeowners insurance

It sort of depends on what you mean by private lenders. In general I would say Yes, but... there can be problems / challenges here.

I would ask your insurance agent about yoru specific insurer. If shopping for insurance, I would tell the broker / agent.
If I loan you $20, can I be on your insurance policy?

If I loan you $20, can I be on your insurance policy?

Theoretically, yes.

But we would have to have a mortgage contract secured by my home.

The standard homeowner policy mortgage clause:

If a mortgagee is named in this policy, any loss payable under Coverage A or B will be paid to the mortgagee and you, as interests appear.

Even if you did manage to get named on the policy, without a mortgage contract, you would have no interest in the home, so you would not get your $20 in the event of a loss.

Theoretically, yes.

But we would have to have a mortgage contract secured by my home.

The standard homeowner policy mortgage clause:

If a mortgagee is named in this policy, any loss payable under Coverage A or B will be paid to the mortgagee and you, as interests appear.

Even if you did manage to get named on the policy, without a mortgage contract, you would have no interest in the home, so you would not get your $20 in the event of a loss.

Ignore Mark, it was obviously a rhetorical question. He doesn't have that kind of money, blew everything on capes

Private lenders, just like traditional banks, can be named as the mortgagee on a homeowners insurance policy. This helps ensure that the lender is notified in the event of a claim and that any insurance proceeds are used to repair or replace the property, protecting the investment of both the homeowner and the lender.

Yes, privately-held mortgages can get homeowners insurance. And, I'll take for granted the mortgage note has been properly recorded.

Back