• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New UnitedHealth At Home Product

Graham

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Has anyone seen the new product from United HealthCare called UnitedHealth At Home? What do you think? The LTC product is pretty simple which goes along with the trend of all carriers and has an inflation rider built in (makes it a bit pricy). They also have a NTQ short term care plan that is 6,9 or 12 months that is pretty interesting, it only covers care at home and has a buy up to the full LTC plan with no additional underwriting within 1 year. Right now it's only available in RI, WI, IL, OH, CO, WA and soon to be MI. The application is super short with only knock out questions, all the rest of the health info is then gathered via phone by underwriting.

I haven't but this sounds just like Life Secure. Short forms, three questions, mandated 90 elimination period, really easy to explain. If there's any plan that shortens our explanation time, I'm all for it. ...it's cool.

It's bad enough having to deal with 16 and 25 page apps. if something easier like these guys or Life Secure comes along, jump on it.

The app is actually much simpler than LifeSecure they still ask all the medical questions, want drug history, doctors visits etc. with the UHC product they don't ask any of that, just knock out questions. Prudential has a new product coming out with the short app as well.

Crazy Rick have you sold LifeSecure? Just curious I wrote the original business plan to start the company when I was at BCBSM then was their Sales Director up until recently when I jumped to the Broker side of the world.

Back